01-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #51
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantii View Post
To be honest, not worth it. I'm sure a lot of people will still get it, but doesn't do enough for me, for the price. You can get much better power output while at the same time customize the looks of the car with various mods already available.
When I looked at the seats in the first picture, I was like "I'm digging these", then looking at the second pic below, I'm like "hell no". And don't get me started on those wheels.

Downpipe, tune, new m performance wheel, new m performance Coilovers, and you got yourself a better looking and more potent competition package for less money, most likely.

Just my 2 cents
If you subtract the cost of adaptive suspension and a wheel upgrade from this package, it comes down to ~$3300 (depending on what you assume the wheels would cost as a standalone option). A good set of coilovers alone can cost that, and that's before springs, dampers, roll bars, installation of everything, and the potentially enormous amount of time and money spent going through trial and error to adjust all of that to work harmoniously. And even at the end of that you still don't have an active suspension, which is a wonderful thing for both performance and comfort separately but particularly in how well it can serve double duty. And that assumes you don't care about anything else in this package, like the different diff and DSC software, seats, etc.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0