07-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #145
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
I have driven an e46 and e92 m3's both in manual however and set on sport. You cant compare throttle response with an NA m3 and an n55. Let alone a purpose built track car such as m3. But go drive an n54 car and go drive an n55 car and youll see the difference man. It wasnt a fair statement on your part. Go test a few other turbo cars and compare it. Then youll say bmw did an awesome job uskng twin scroll technology.

I dont see what you didnt like about having full 300lbs of torque at 1200rpm. Its not m3 power but it just wasnt entirely an accurate statement from you.

You didnt specify anything about an n55 335 that you drove as a track car such as you use your m3.
From your discussion with m3alabama (I very largely agree with him) it appears you don't fully appreciate the M3's throttle response. n55 is certainly better than n54 and I've driven both. However, as stated prior n55 does not even compare with s65.

I also agree with m3alabama on the usefulness of lots of torque at low rpms (not much). That is good for a lazy driving style and one who does not want to shift or fully utilize a cars capabilities.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0