View Single Post
      05-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #148
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
BUT ... Why are you so sure that the M3 is not getting an V6 and an N54/55 based I6 instead? Have you better inside informations?
I don't have any inside information - it is just some basic deduction on my part.

For me, it does not stand to reason that BMW will develop a brand new engine configuration for an M3/X3M/M4/X4M/Z4M when they did not go that route for the M5/X5M/M6/X6M. I acknowledge that sometimes things don't fall into place nicely and you have to invest more money to get results. The S65 and S85 were born from that type of need.

But in the end, they've made the N63 work as the basis for an engine to power the latest generation of large M vehicles, and I have not heard a single compelling piece of information that leads me to believe that they cannot make the N54/N55 work as the basis for an engine to power the upcoming medium-sized M vehicles.

"Whenever possible, substitute constructions out of known entities for inferences to unknown entities" - Bertrand Russell

(Ok, so someone with a philosophy degree can go ahead and call me out for misuing that quote if I have - I can take it. )
Appreciate 0