View Single Post
      05-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #107
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Sutcliffe is one of the more well respected in his field as is Harris.
Meh, I think he's a putz.

To me, there are only two guys who can truly articulate the essence of what it means to drive a particular car into words. Chris Harris and Harry Catchpole. There are other guys who are close (like Jethro Bovington) and then there are most of the rest, who are either hacks, press-whores, or buffoons.

The thing that does it for me is exactly what Chris did in this article - give you perspective. Compare it to cars to give you an idea of what it's like, as well as what it's not like. Compare it to cars that you SHOULD compare it to for perspective, not ones you shouldn't compare it to because they are "market rivals". Face it, despite the E92 and the C63 AMG both being C-class sized coupes with V8's and DCT's, their mission and driving sensations couldn't be more different. One is not going to drive those two and say, "I'm buying car XX because it's executed it's mission 'better'." You buy it because those things that you value higher than others are better represented in that car you chose.

Like with a Macca 650S vs. a Speciale. You can't tell me that one of those cars is BETTER. They are DIFFERENT and what's better for you is not necessarily better for me.

Chris and Harry don't fall into that trap. Sutcliffe did.
Appreciate 0