View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #233
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

There will be no M version of the BMWi Eco-Sports Car i8.
To do so defeats the entire purpose of BMWi which is seen as a new interpretation of mobility.

BMW i8 is not just a regular BMW with a sub-brand badge. it is entirely new from the design , technology ,material technology and powertrain.

This is not a BMW as we know it. This is BMW bringing that future of mobility today in a new concept - There will be no other car like it , and the same goes for the i3.

The countdown to the future starts @ the IAA in September.

But just as BMWi is a sub-brand with stand alone products. BMW M is on course to have it's own stand-alone product-A pure BMW M project. Which BMW M will be the first sharer of material technology within BMW.
But that is in the early stages of conception.

BMW M are flat-out finishing off the M6 now that the M3 Lightweight Sedan and M5 are complete (And debuting next Thursday and Tuesday respectively).

The X3 M and a special X6M is being prepared aswell as the early prototypes of the run-out and next M3 in which the new BMW 4er Coupe prototypes will be on the road any day soon. Plus some other projects that are in the process of development including the Material Technology Concept.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 06-14-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0