Quote:
Originally Posted by uae247
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
It's actually 118.9 mph My M6 CP did 0-130 mph in 12.x seconds and 8.19 60-130 mph stock so it's about 2 sec off my car in both respects . ( that's a lot , and puts to rest any is it faster than an M5/6 talk )
LOL at the worried M5/M6 owners...

I'm sure many speed runs, numbers and debates will follow.
Let's also not forget you have a CP. So let's wait for M3 CP

And last but not least: if you really want to compare cars, it should be done in identical conditions (including same place and same time), otherwise it's all just speculation.

And to higher speeds, bigger engines will always have an advantage. So don't worry about your money spent on the 4L TT. It's not wasted.
Not worried at all 8 mph trap speed, and 6 seconds 0-250 km/h can not be made up by any conditions . My DA was worse than his because of the high humidity here and higher temp actually as well . At higher speeds in cars with the same Coefficient of drag and drivetrains the car with the most power is faster period . The M3/4 has many advantages over the M5/6 but straight line acceleration, esp once rolling is not going to be one of them lol.
Yeah
But
It's boring lol

So
M3 it is

And why worry
They are both BMWs and M models

Just get the car that suits your needs more. The M6 was better to look at than to drive compared to the M3 which is great to drive and look at, especially the hips.
The M6 has it's share of faults but boring isn't one of them lol . I think you are in the minority on that one . I'm sure the M3 is a more dynamic handling car and you prefer it but frankly calling a car with an identical drivetrain , differential and similar yet superior engine powerband as well as a better power to weight boring is silly.
Well
Going straight is never the fun part
:-)
The moment you turn and feel that weight it just spoils it
Especially coming from an M3 and a 1M
Appreciate 0