View Single Post
      06-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
mdss6
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (ZCP M-DCT) on order

Garage List
Evening at Spa-Francorchamps w/ BIMMERPOST Euro-delivery group (pics + videos)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This evening I had the great fortune to meet up with the BIMMERPOST F8X Euro-Delivery group at Spa-Francorchamps. I owe members SoccerDad, Karussell, A418T81, and Zev from IDriveEurope a shout out for being notably friendly and gracious hosts who made the evening what it was (which was great!) by sharing their cars, helmet(!) and time. Thank you all.

Sadly there was no Silverstone II car in the bunch, but the rest of the (exterior) colors were represented. Now having seen them all in bright sunlight and with the both black and light wheels, I admit all of the colors are pretty good. Counter to my expectation, I could live with any of them.

Indeed from interiors to transmissions to you name it, I didn't think there was a "loser" combination in the bunch. So I'd suggest to all that whatever you have ordered you probably haven't gone wrong.

As far as performance goes, I fortunate to ride for a few very fast laps on a circuit with which I'm at least vaguely familiar, and the braking (steel rotors), handling stability and grip was truly impressive.

A note on the photos - most of my interior photos look washed out. The black parts of the interior look grey. This is especially noticeable with the Speed Cloth interior photos. In person it was much richer than it appears hear with the black being back, and there being more contrast to the lighter stitching in the seats. It wasn't as grippy as I expected however. Not as smooth as leather, but not "velco" on your clothes like some other cloth seats.

Cheers

Videos from Spa by tomwac:

Attached Images

Last edited by mdss6; 06-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: More photos
Appreciate 0