View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

F80M3/F82M4 perhaps still with 3.2ltr.V6 BiTurbo

I just wanted to get rid of the information that has been confirmed in a major German Forum for BMW M (with some M-GmbH employees as members), the existence of a quasi 3.2ltr.V6 Biturbo and there are hints that this engine might still manages to F8x.

And to be honest ... vote if the speeds of 8.000rpm, for me everything speaks for the S63Tü derived V6 ... simply because of the given square bore-stroke ratio - a fact which I think is a combination of HDZ and high-pressure turbo at all possible makes! A suitable R6-block (all are long-stroke!) Exists at BMW simply not, so it would also be a complete Neukontruktion in blocks, then with almost zero common parts to the series and certainly more expensive than a derived V6 ... should I ask why with BMW / M-GmbH spend the money, if this engine then at the latest no longer fits on an M version of the GT86-based 2015er Z4

So for me there is only one conclusion when the F8x gets a R6, then it will be a relatively conven ioneles engine ... far from the o.g. Fabled and will not be guaranteed so "independent" tells as always. Then would the F8x rely solely on the lightweight and secure sensational new chassis to generate an "advantage".
Appreciate 0