View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
Factors effect people differently. For me, a lighter, less expensive, better handling, better fuel economy car with a more refined interior and better torque that is faster 0-60 (think he quoted the wrong time for a DCT car BTW) is the better car. For me, paying more and giving all that up for exhaust sound and sharper throttle and a few other tidbits would be lunacy.
Very true, all of those points are exactly why M cars have been so sought after and better than the competition. However, M cars of the past were all those things and at the same time possessed the one trait which is what we enthusiast really wish for: they were EXCITING. They make you feel alive and made you truly enjoy the experience of DRIVING just to drive.

It's questionable if the M cars of today including the new M4 have lost sight of that. The driving experience/excitement factor is arguably one of the last reasons to buy a M car now. Though I agree that being "lighter, better handling, better fuel economy car with a more refined interior and better torque" are still plenty of reasons to buy a M4. Just different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Appreciate 0