View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
True enough. But, will we see a large enough improvement in fuel economy to yield a significant enough range improvement to make it worth serious consideration? I am expecting an average of about 20 MPG compared to around 16-17 MPG today that people see in mixed driving. Probably the same size tank too. So that's 15 to 20% fewer stops. Not bad I suppose.
Good post. I think (or maybe I should say hope!) on a long highway run close to 30 may be realized on the new one. I know even with my now gone M5 I could empty the tank in 90 miles or get as much as 320 and that's with the very tight 7th gear the S85/65 drivetrains employ. Certainly will be interesting to see how real world economy ends up when not racing around. Interesting to hear about the fuel tank, so the F30 has the same size as the E90(I have not looked this up)? That's slightly disappointing I was hoping for a 5-10 liter increase given the larger dimensions (though of course all of these things are behind the main purchasing factors such as drivability etc).
Appreciate 0