11-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #30
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerrotty View Post
I am interested in a nicely optioned 2016 M3 with just under 25,000 miles being sold by a "local" BMW dealer. My question is, with all things being equal to a car without an accident on the Carfax, what impact to the sale price does that make? 5%, 10%, other? I assume all the damage was repaired, but I have not seen the car in person yet.

Here is what the Carfax says:

Accident reported
Involving front impact
It hit a tree
Vehicle ran off road
Front primarily damaged
It all depends on the accident. Ask the person to provide pictures, damage, report, what was fixed, etc. It could have been minor/cosmetic issues. If that's the case - nothing really off. If it was more serious, then you can ask for some diminished value off - but don't expect 5, 10, 15 etc. Ain't gonna really happen unless it was major damage.

NOTE: i once went to CarMax to sell my old 330xi. My car had carfax (it was hit by another driver). Damage was some body damage, and replacement of wheels/tires. Line item showed $500 depreciation...on a 17k .

Point is, don't assume worst case scenario. Car fax will report whatever is sent to it -- even minor scratches. Especially if there was an insurance claim
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0