Rep
Drives: F80M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee403 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Holdup, why is bmw not charging you the full 15k if you're out of warranty? Is this a thing that they just bless people with 70+% of coverage on stuff like this?

Also the fact that you specifically don't drive this car hard and this happened is shocking
Seriously most shocking of all is the fact that this even happened. Also I dont know much about the internals of the trans, but after looking up what the throwout bearing looks like, doesnt look like its something that would simply snap off.

Second owner of this particular car, but I've been servicing with this dealership for roughly 10 years now. Car is at 60,200 miles and GM said I was close enough that they could fight to have some of it covered. To be honest I think this all happened because a few boxes of donuts. I was extremely appreciative of the work my S/A and Tech did last time around and bought the service shop a few boxes of donuts as thanks and apparently the GM there loves me now.

To answer someone else here I have absolutely no warranty on the car whatsoever. I've also had some issues with getting work done within warranty with my e92 m3 this came as a shock to me too.
Man you are giving me hope. My F80 is in for 7 speed DCT diag, pretty sure it's the clutch packs but the first owner reported all the way back at 21K but it was never taken care of; I am second owner vehicle is at 65K. BMW of NA was told about the situation so here's for hoping for the best!

Really don't want to take apart the whole thing and do a clutch pack rebuild but we shall see...
Appreciate 0