View Single Post
      08-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

So, what do I think of the car?

First, the options: YMB, extended black leather, adjustable suspension, Harmon Kardon, manual transmission, 19" silver/gray rims.

In comparison with my 335 (and E46, and 2002tii...), the F80 seems large. Seating position higher. Greenhouse reduced, less visibility out windshield. I miss the sunroof. The Harmon Kardon is excellent; the NAV freaking awesome with the Euro maps loaded directly into the computer. The ride and the limits are amazing, but in some ways less engaging to drive. Adaptive suspension is astonishing in its ability to keep everything under control. The clutch is seamless; the LSD brilliant. I prefer the rough M steering wheel on my 335 to the smooth wheel on the M3. Seats are still undecided; I love the way the side bolsters can really hold you in on the 335. I think I should have opted for the Speed cloth, it's a better fit for my needs. The M3 is rather noisy at high speeds, and I have not decided what I think about the exhaust brrratttle. The manual transmission is fine, the rev matching OK once you get accustomed. The gear knob is not my favorite, and too high. The turning radius is less than nimble. Some have suggested that the F8x is a bit more M5-like in character; I tend to agree. It does hide its super-car abilities from one's senses -- it was a bit surprising to handle high speed curves with relative ease whilst all around the Alfas, Peugeots, and the lot of Gran Prix wannabes were squirming and sliding at their more earthly limits.

It is arguably the ultimate multi-purpose high performance vehicle.

Oh yeah, and Yas Marina Blue is all right. It got tons of positive comments from bystanders. It stands out in a friendly sort of way.
Appreciate 4
ZIV3R99.50