09-21-2017, 06:59 AM   #23
Judd
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Now! View Post
DSC (corrected) on or off, and mine is a MY15. The SW was updated to correct an error.

My impression from before and after driving is that the turbos spin up several hundred RPM later, and the curve to full boost takes longer. Full boost now seems a lot closer to 3K. Corroborating this, in another thread a forum member pointed to a recent dyno showing max torque at around 3K.

The good news is that it addresses some of the really egregious wheelspin, and also that full power is clearly still there (you get wheelspin in the first two or three gears). Think I like it better, it takes a bit less attention - BUT, it was also fun to successfully manage the power.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, the car is more fun and relaxing to drive now, so it's hard to argue.

Cheers
I had my Software updated in June. At first the car felt very different, like it was actually a little more manageable in stop and go traffic at low RPM. Seemed like it was tamed down a bit, less edgy and jerky.

I then coded euro MDM as I thought maybe the DSC was kicking in. I felt this software update was a step backwards initially(less raw) but to be honest the car absolutely feels much better in day to day driving. And I don't feel I lost anything while driving a little spirited. Still have the pogoing at times, although I have eliminated much of that just by changing up my seating position and foot position on the pedal. Use that little heel catch.
Appreciate 0