View Single Post
      06-01-2012, 03:02 AM   #263
mosamra
Registered
Egypt
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I believe the v8 will out perform the new m3

I totally agree with you, on top of that I believe that the v8 engine if tuned by Ess or G-power " super charger" that can easilly get over 650hp+ However with an inline with 2 or 3 turbos al ready in stock not much room to tune. The tuning will be the same as the type of tuning thatnu make for a 335i. In conclusion the v8 will sound better has the potential to get reach higher hp. So BMW went one step back interns of sheer driving pleasure I would say
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
Does no other m owners or any enthusiasts not value more than power in a car? Even balance, which is what an M is about is only one special characteristic. Does nobody value the following-

1.Having a ONE-OFF engine unique to the m3 which nobody else has access to or no other car uses. Engineered tirelessly (via s85) to have the highest output per litre they ever had and one of the highest in the industry. To have the flattest torque curve in the industry that is flatter than most turbo cars which are the ones typically have fat curves. To rev to 8400 rpms which is bested by only a modern ferrari/lambo.

2.The sound? I don't know about some of you but my m3 is a street car and a very minor part time tracker. Every single day you can listen and enjoy the racing sound of a high strung v8 s65! You often cannot exploit the full power of any car, so I feel having a beautiful noise is half of the daily enjoyment.

Having something in common with F1 tech. A high strung v8 just feels special. Now F1 will go v6 turbo and no longer any link to them even if it was only conceptually.

I dont know. There is more to be missed than simply the fact the turbo will put out more torque and power.

Last edited by mosamra; 06-01-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Appreciate 0