TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
You could be right. It could be the first M3 to lose more than just a couple comparos. If the competitors go with ttV8's, it could be trouble.
Is competition much closer than it was with the E92? You bet but I see this as an opportunity for BMW to really showcase why the M3 has been the benchmark for so long - handling. Look, "it's easy" to slap on a turbo and make power but can you utilize that power properly? I think BMW has demonstrated they could do this better than it's competitors. So even if Audi and Mercedes decided to go with a TTV8 vs. BMW's turbo I6, the criteria for measuring best in class remains the same.

As for losing comparos, would I be surprised if the M3 loses a few this generation? No. But it won't be because of the inline-6. Audi has greatly improved the performance/handling aspects of it's cars as seen with the current S4 and I'm sure it will show in future models. If BMW happens to lose, it's because the competition has caught up to what they've been able to do well for so long.
Appreciate 0