09-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #237
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
As I'm not into drag racing and also believe that the M cars where not designed with drag racing in mind, 0-100(km/h) and 1/4mile times isn't that important to me. Neither is if it has 422, 425, 445 or 460hp... (in some sense it do, but not besides for bragging rights).

To me, the important information will be;

Is it fun to drive, is it faster on a track (the 'Ring), does it make me smile to drive it on a twisty road, does it sound good and will it leave the MB's and Audi's behind me on the twisties.

If it ticks those boxes, it doesn't matter (to me) whether some fat MB might out accelerate it in a straight line. Let them enjoy going fast straight ahead while we enjoy the M3/M4 when the roads have corners.

If it does the above, then I don't care if it only had 300hp... Low weight and an agile engine is what I hope we will get
Although I agree with your sentiment there still is something great about a car that does 0-60 and 60-130 and the 1/4 mi just as well as it handles a competitive or non competitive road course.

The inconsistency in your statement is that if you truly want to leave a "competitor" in a competitive car behind in the twisties, and the cars truly are near competitors, then we all know it is then only about which driver is willing to break the law in a bigger way...

Just like with the current E92 M3 vs. C63 AMG wether you are comparing them on the track or drag strip it is generally a drivers race. Perhaps 60-130 is an exception to this.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0