10-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #124
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
And the V8 is "just" a V10 with 2 cylinders chopped off... While I respect the V10 just like any car enthusiast out there, where is it now? They've depreciated so much that they can be had for low $30k all day. Not to mention it gets SMOKED by the F10 M5 in every performance category, not to mention fuel economy.

At the very MINIMUM, the next gen M3 will at least match 414hp on paper. When has BMW EVER in the history of the company come out with equal or less HP on any engine it replaces? And if it's at the minimum 414, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually rated at closer to 440hp. Look at what N20, N55 and S63 engines are putting down on the dyno. Would then all the people here that say +400 hp is not enough be happy (since when is 400 not enough anyway)

Let's use some common sense around here.
Spot on. The S85/S65 are lotsa fun, but it is impossible to deny the improvements of the next-gen FI engines. And 400HP is definitely plenty, unless you are a track junkie. Who is using up these 400HP+ on public roads? Not me.
Appreciate 0