02-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #28
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
No, it won't go into park if you shift to neutral first.

Get to know your DCT, and don't be overly paranoid about what could go wrong, especially when the odd is so small. We should not ask for things to be at our fingertip when we don't really have an immediate need for it.

M3 is a beautiful car to enjoy. Cheers!
Lol. I have a 6MT so no issues for me.

The main reason I am chiming in on this thread is to try and understand the DCT. When I did my test drive at one of the ultimate driving events they put me in a DCT. I was thoroughly confused as to its operation which further solidified my choice to go with the 6MT.

I guess my main point in all of this is that you have to learn the transmission in order to use it; which seems silly. Since automated transmissions have been around for a long time their operation is well understood by most drivers. (Yes, I know, the DCT is a manual but it is automated and presents more as an automatic than a true manual transmission to the user.) Where is the need to change the user interface from the normal auto controls? Especially when the changes result in confusion as to how best to operate the vehicle and can result in the transmission not engaging park. A simple Park button seems like a straightforward addition.
Appreciate 0