05-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #235
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
It's a legitimate concern when I'm looking at 20-30 track days a year. Not 2-3... And maybe I'll take you up on your offer and come down to Texas just to prove a point, pick a date. Just because YOU don't have issues doesn't mean they don't exist and I don't appreciate being laughed at for asking or being concerned with a legit issues, but it's cool, I accept your challenge. Time & date please

I bought my 1M in september last year.

Since then it has done

Barber motorsports Park - 6 sessions on Sunday, the last day of Ofest 2011
Texas World Speedway -2 days
Eagles Canyon Raceway - 6-7 days (I am a member at this track)
Harris Hill Road - Austin TX - 1 day
Motorsport Ranch - 3.1 Cresson - 2 days
High Plains Raceway - 3 days
I am going back to MSR Cresson on June second
next up is Flat Out at Heartland park in June 8-10 I bet it will be HOT there... although not as hot as in TX!

so... It looks like we track our cars a similar amount right?

before the end of the year I will likely be at Road Atlanta and I will be at Ofest. I have driven Road America and would love to get up there this year as well but I don't think it will be in the cards. by the way... Badger Bimmers Chief instructor Mike Clemens has a 1M... look him up ...

So don't take it personal, but YES you are being laughed at... sorry... because you need to quit thinking about the 335 when we are discussing *M* cars. you **know*** they are apples and oranges... so why compare ?

Are you happy with your M car? Anyone in this forum unhappy with their M car? We ALL love M cars... and we all know they are designed to be taken to the track..... However...it's amazing at all the " doubts" because of an issue with a NON M car.

BMW M engineers ain't fools Yo! but yet everyone has to come on to a web forurm and * second guess* them....
So for all of you doing that...... here's your sign.

The 1M is the clear benchmark for the new M.... go to any event near you and you will see plenty of 1Ms being tracked.. without issue!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: forgot I ran harris Hill road also
Appreciate 0