View Single Post
      10-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #36
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Also, if ED cars come from allocation which is still not known at this point, the best you will be able to do is ED MSRP or perhaps a few hundred under.
When guessing at the deal one is likely to get on a new M4, the word "allocation," to me, tends to confuse an otherwise pretty straight forward answer. Dealer "allocation" has no direct relationship with pricing a new car. It simply identifies whether or not a dealer owns the car he's selling.
Every BMW dealer is going to own and sell M4s. With cars that dealers own, pricing is going to be directly related to the demand for that car in his area, not, as some seem to believe, where the customer is willing to take delivery. The truth is, you are not likely to get a 7% MSRP ED discount when the dealer's got 5 people lined up to pay US POE MSRP for that same car. With that dealer, a customer looking for the 7% discount should expect a real long wait to get his hands on the car.
What's the best deal you can do? If I wanted immediate delivery of a new M4 and wanted a 7% US POE MSRP discount (ED or not), I would look for small dealers in areas where the M4 is going to have little or no demand.
Appreciate 0