View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 08:03 AM   #546
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyek View Post
What is causing prices in the US to come down so much? From what I've seen, a low mileage GTS can be picked up for ~$90K here in the US while prices in Europe are 2x+ that.

All in all, just reached out to my SA to see if they will sell me their showroom GTS.
You should be able to get a good deal. Many things drive values, what will the market bare which has no determination of value, two over supply of cars in the US market. BMW does not have the brand recognition to command 140k for a car in the US because of too many options. Now, they did sell all US cars, but many of them were flippers that got burned so people didn’t see the car on the road to say wow I want that.

Now many on the board love the car rightfully so, but they have many other cars so price wasn’t issue. The M 3/4 brand are close to entry level pricing for fun sports cars ......also it competed with the GT3 MSRP 143k a known track devil. GT3’s are still selling for 135k for a used car with track miles. My regular M4 was 91k worth 45k .......first car I leased in years for that very reason.

Personally, I think BMW has to stop slapping M logo’s on every car as it dilutes the brand, now I get it from a marketing perspective it sells cars ......but it kills resale. I’m a believer buy a car because it’s a consumable, not a 401k. My buddy has a GTS in his garage with 100 miles on it, and wanted to make a profit. Now he owns Ferrari’s too, so he will let it sit forever until the market says its worth more?? Interest rates going up, and a lot of cheap money will go away ......I think the winter will be a buying season for many cars. I waiting on the GT3 bottom to fall out no way will I pay 30k on the mark up which is normal now. Porsche has lost their minds. My guess by December all the flippers will be gone and taking a bath. Good luck .....sorry for the long diatribe.

Last edited by Bimmer6; 07-24-2018 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
phyek115.50
P111581.00
minn1914069.00