Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RI35 View Post
+1.

...why LA for street testing when there's everywhere else?? Bewildering

Also, the 6er's rear end is lined up nicely with an Accord in the first pic. Looks similar to me
They're probably en route to high temperature testing in Death Valley

There's always the high temp testing phase of the process and in the past I think we've seen the vehicles tested in Death Valley or one of those desert places in the West...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
What will be the MSRP for the F80 M3?

The e90 M3's MSRP started at $56 I believe. Take note, it has a high revving intoxicating V8. This twin turbo better start at $56K as well or even lower since it's only an inline-6. It would be a joke if MSRP for the F80 M3 starts $60K.
Well of course the price will increase to adjust for a change in the value of the dollar. Even though the E9x had the S65 it's not like that was exactly a bespoke engine that had some of the R&D costs passed off to us. It was derived from the S85. This situation is no different since the Sxx engine that will be in the F80 is going to be derived from the N55.

Aside from that, I think they'll raise the engine's displacement for more torque but moreso for the sake of being able to justify more money from the 3.0TT in the regular non-M cars. It would be hard to market all the complicated technologies that make it an M as opposed to being able to just simply say it has a bigger engine. Hopefully we'll see 3.2L

I still wonder if they could have went for cylinder deactivation like audi has done with Bentley instead of dropping two cylinders. I know M has a tradition of I6 engines since the M1 but dam that V8 sound was nice. Then again if that was the case I'm sure the M5 would lose some buyers to the M3 sedan

Last edited by Jblack4083; 07-28-2012 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0