biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

M4 Safety Car at BMW of Austin. Revs M Performance Exhaust

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Updated below with more details/pics by fellow members.

My buddy at BMW of Austin received the M4 Safety Car for the upcoming Moto GP race there. Don't worry, they only pulled it around and directly into the showroom for a much needed bath!

I'm liking the sound more with the BMW Performance exhaust. If you are close to BMW of Austin, stop by to check it out as it will be in the showroom this week. Enjoy!

Updated info on the exhaust: I have been informed that this mid-section is not stock. It does not have cats, so not even sure if it will be an option to purchase with their Performance Exhaust or not. This is most likely a one-off for the Moto GP car. Maybe Akra worked with them for this section? Maybe the mid-section will be offered separately by another company? Only time will tell for sure.

Revving it a little:

Driving off:

A few pics:

Name:  M4 Safety Car01.jpg
Views: 23841
Size:  305.9 KB

Name:  M4 Safety Car02.jpg
Views: 30565
Size:  298.5 KB

Name:  M4 Safety Car03.jpg
Views: 21945
Size:  213.9 KB

Name:  M4 Safety Car04.jpg
Views: 21889
Size:  237.1 KB

Name:  M4 Safety Car05.jpg
Views: 21320
Size:  208.8 KB

Name:  M4 Safety Car06.jpg
Views: 20845
Size:  167.6 KB

Name:  m4safety6.jpg
Views: 12429
Size:  269.2 KB

More info / pics by whats77inaname:

Went to check it out during lunch. The sales person advised us that "this is currently the only M4 in production." Uhmmm, yeah. Anyways, I took a pic of the exhaust tips, and some various things I found interesting:

1) Interior. Extended leather w/white contrast stitching.
2) Cluster. Love the back lighting of the circular part of the needles. The "M" logo on the cluster lights up as well when the doors open.
3) Seats. The Recaros were nice and comfortable.
4) Cage. The cage was pretty awesome, as was the rear seat close out. I asked the sales person if BMW was planning to sell a rear close out as an "accessory" *lol*.
5) Exhaust tips. Seemed to be a lot of convo about them.

He declined our request to open the hood, citing it was "too hard to open and close." Guess he's never opened spring-latched hood pins or something, as it didn't seem like it was that big of a deal. This car was also equipped w/the HUD.

There was also a 6MT M235i in black sitting on the lot, stickered @ ~$48k. We we offered a test drive, but declined. Quite happy w/my E90 M3, thank you very much.

More info/pics by consolidated:

The width on the rear of the M4 looked great. After seeing the car I'm going to add LED headlights and probably go with black wheels. The polished spokes and rim is clearcoated with smoke grey tint so the contrast is more subtle than I expected. Sir Lion's pic are a very accurate representation.

The exhaust sounded louder, more aggressive and racy than I would have ever guessed. I have a full Akra on my E90 M3 and I'm not disappointed at all. Lots of depth and boom on start up, very nice, maybe too loud for me. I got to rev it and the motor picked up RPMs very quickly, no hesitation and damn it sounded great ringing off the buidings. Not as smooth as the V8 and Akra, but it very much had it's own character, this wasn't I-4 Civic w/ a can in any respect so let's just stop that silliness. The muffler itself was quite small, not big at all, must be light.

A few more pics. The cage was a bolt in and sano. The full leather interior had some nice touches, like where the dash ends at the door. The smoke titanium look finishing trim beneath the carbon dash trim looked great, glad it's not too bright or too dull.

GTS
Appreciate 0