GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Chasing M4 at nurburging (in my Z06)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys,

I'm a mil guy, stationed in germany. My current car is c6 Z06 (few mods, heads, headers, intake, tune, bilstein, apx rotors, bla bla), but i come from E90 M3 (ESS 575, exhaust, bla bla coding bla bla kidney grills bla bla gts wheels). I've done about 100 laps on the ring so far (most in the M3... fastest 7:45 on semi slicks). Vette is on street tires though , so my better times are around 8 flat, but i've never had a clean lap. So anyway, the reason i am writing this, is that yesterday (15 June) I saw the new M4 at the track some big name car magazine was doing review on it (they are from Britain, and i can't recall the name... something motor.. i can't remember). Anyway, I chatted with them for a few minutes, got to sit in it (considering going back to M3 or new M2 (pending engine specs)). Anyway, this was the first time for the guy around the ring (his co-pilot has experience though), so times are a bit slow, but under 10 for the first time is a very good result. I wasn't trying to race him, was just following so I can share it with the bmw community. Pure M4 on the green hell! Just the drive, no review hope you enjoy! p.s. exhaust does sound a bit shitty at idle and low rpm's, i couldn't hear at high rpms as it gets loud in my own car!

also, my vid from same day will be added in next day or two... was ton of traffic, construction, accident etc... so 820 the best for the day for me... once again, street tires, and corvettes lack of rear spoiler leave a brown spot in my undies...

you can find pics by goggling nurburgring pics 15 june 2014

my run... ton of traffic, accident, construction and a passenger... 8:20

On the same day drove my buddies e30 325i witha nice exhaust, but mostly stock (took out the rear seats). 9:55

Here is a vid in my sc e90 m3 on semislicks. Low 8 with lots of traffic and screaming gf

Cool m235, fully track prepped, 400+hp. Guy says he ran 7:20 :/ im a bit skeptical, but who knows.

Last edited by GrumpyBimmerFan; 06-18-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0