05-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrym View Post
I just finished reading the latest 'Motor' magazine here in Aus (arguably the top selling motoring mag over here in Australia) ... BMW took out a 'centrefold' section that has around 5-6 pages dedicated to M .. on the last page they had a dedicated statement under the heading "M Powering the future" ..and then had text saying 'if that means a return to 5 litre naturally-aspirated V10 engines, so be it. If that means a move to 3.3 litre Turbo charge technology, so be it ..." therefore all these rumours of 3.3 mill with Turbo seems spot on for next M3 - how many turbo's is still up for grabs ...

also ..I spoke to my local dealer today about looking to buy a new V8 M3 sedan (need the practical element - even though I am cross shopping second hand 997 911's - either way they are around $190k AUD, close to US$200 k so not cheap)

anyway .. I was asking about the M3 drive day at local track (want to have another blast around a track before deciding, I'm doing same with Porsche) ... what was interesting is that he was pretty much giving me an indication to 'hold off for now' due to new model on the way .. so I'm wondering the the new M3 sedan may in fact be coming over here to Aus early next year rather than 2014 in US etc .. hope so ..I'll hold off for a few months to find out
The E90 chassis ended production last fall so there is no way you could buy a "new" M3 sedan based on that chassis, probably the reason he told you to wait.

The new F80 is at least a year out... directly from M in Garching and not some dealer.