Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Justin.AutoTalent answered this question on my build thread. It involves some factors but he has known me since I had my M4 (3+ years now) and would know what I like so he ordered meatier tires for me.

KW suspension always sit low. I'm almost certain the way DDC comes from factory are the highest they can go. You might be able to change the springs and push them up but I wouldn't recommend doing so as KW didn't design them that way. It's just like shoving aftermarket springs to lower your car on stock suspension. You aren't supposed to change the spring rate on stock suspension, it messes with how the car feels.
KW springs are also known to collapse or lose free length over time that can contribute to the lower ride height as well.

A minor deviation in spring length and height isn't going to be an issue at all. Larger deviation will have to take compression and droop travel into consideration.

Does anyone know if the DDC rear dampers are much shorter than OEM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Justin.AutoTalent answered this question on my build thread. It involves some factors but he has known me since I had my M4 (3+ years now) and would know what I like so he ordered meatier tires for me.

KW suspension always sit low. I'm almost certain the way DDC comes from factory are the highest they can go. You might be able to change the springs and push them up but I wouldn't recommend doing so as KW didn't design them that way. It's just like shoving aftermarket springs to lower your car on stock suspension. You aren't supposed to change the spring rate on stock suspension, it messes with how the car feels.
KW springs are also known to collapse or lose free length over time that can contribute to the lower ride height as well.

A minor deviation in spring length and height isn't going to be an issue at all. Larger deviation will have to take compression and droop travel into consideration.

Does anyone know if the DDC rear dampers are much shorter than OEM?
I just talked to KW about my issue. They confirmed that there is nothing wrong if I will use longer spring, 2cm longer, but with the same force. They are sending me such spring next week. Also, spring with higher force would work, but they decided to go this way.

So problem is solved. 120nm/220mm spring will be used, instead of 120/200. Which will solve all the problems.
Appreciate 0