10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #432
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I don't understand.....why would you want to waste money on a V6 turbo if you already have an I6 base engine. I turn it around, what advantage does a V6 have over the I6?
I think you are no real M3 driver/fan/lover ... all M3s until now had unique engines ... only based on AG engine block layouts, but with very few to no common parts ... an important reason to pay the high price increase over the regular 3er series -> the V6 was an unique engine developed special for the M3/M4 as it was until today ... the I6 was an in comparison with the other older engines only light modified ... most part which are new on that shown engine would be shurly parts of an future N55Tü or N5.(?) ... like it was the case with the S63Tü and the new N63Tü !!!

If M-GmbH technicans says the new developed V6 was in all points better than the I6 based on the N55 ... I beleave them. And only on an V6 you can use the "best responding turbo system" of the world this one of the S63Tü - with minimal lag ... it don´t works on an inline engine. And if you look at the GT-R you could easily see what an improofment the change from an I6 BiTurbo to an V6 BiTurbo could be !!! Only one of many reasons to choose an V6 over an I6 in an sportscar.
Appreciate 0