01-20-2015, 12:54 AM   #10
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque8883 View Post
This is a good idea, do you mind telling me what kind of wax you applied on the M4 and whether you DIY or had a pro to do it? How long does it last?
I use Meguiars. They have a Tech Wax 2.0, which is fully synthetic. I prefer the Carnauba Plus, which uses a Carnauba base plus polymers. Both work very well. My preference is only because of the smell of natural wax, which I like.

I use Autoglym spot cleaner in between. They make one that reapplies wax for the spot you cleaned. Works very well! It also doubles as a lubricant for clay bars.

I do everything myself. It is therapy for me. Things I need a lift or special tools for, I outsource. Everything else, I do myself. I have been wax my cars since 2000. I think of myself as an expert.

Without washing, or excessive sun exposure, it should last 6 months or longer. On certain parts of the car, wax would have a shorter life, such as the hood - heat leads to evaporation. I basically wax my car every time I wash it. I wax the horizontal surfaces more in the summer (due to sun exposure) and vertical surfaces more in the winter (salt, etc). All in, probably 6 wax jobs a year.
Appreciate 0