08-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #66
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
The LCI E92s are a really nice shape in the front. But the F30 looks 2X better than the E90 sedan, IMO. Lines are sharper (no droopy bumper, better LED halos), and the F30 rear end doesn't look all "pinched". The rear lights are better too, whereas the E90 LCI tail lights look like they're trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

With all that in mind, I think the F80 might end up being the best proportioned, best looking 4-door vehicle in BMWs line-up.
I agree with you, love the overall look of the F30/F80. It is much more modern and less fussy to me, even the new headlights and kidneys look good but they are a departure from the norm so they may not be for everyone. I do think if the F80 carries the chrome kidneys over it will be a shame, I think gun metal or something like that Ferric Grey they have been throwing around would look sportier/meaner.

The F80 will have some serious haunches it appears and will be more aggressive than the previous E90M3 in that regard. Love the whole thing and glad M is sticking with the four door 3er.