View Single Post
      01-10-2016, 07:50 AM   #28
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I agree. RV will never be the same as retail market value. In between this number is the factor of demand & supply, condition of vehicle, markup by the dealer and other economic factors. After all, the RV is just a "made up" number for leasing purpose which is affected by the interest rate as well. Car manuf. can lower the RV to make the person pay more during the lease term and then with such a low RV, it has the mirage of telling the person leasing the car that at end of lease, you are getting a super cheap price for buying it out compared to the used car market value at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
Ok I listed a fictitious value of an M, not my M. It seems there's no data for resale for a one year old M, as it's rare that owners would sell the first year. However the residual value (RV) you list is the one that BMW decides if you want to buy back the car, but if they resell it themselves they mark up. See bobblehead 's first post. So the market value is not necessarily same as RV.

So in "theory", a one year old M could sell privately for more than a residual value, depending on options, conditions and demand! And yes depending on the price of my M before taxes, and a highly optioned 340, you "could" be right that I have to write the cheque I haven't done the math yet, still have few months to see if I change my mind...

OT, Btw, how long have you been driving a coupe? And if you drove a sedan before, did you find the change difficult? I wanted to post a thread in general about that but I am weary of the responses... Just need some confirmation that it's a phase that I may overcome. Merci et bonne année en passant!
Appreciate 0