01-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #38
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Looks fantastic

Please share driving impressions (performance) impressions after you've run the setup a little
Will do my best. Although I can tell you right off the bat, that the new 19/20" set up had very little effect when comparing to my previous set up. BUT, the rear RE71R's are way stickier.

I must mention that a week before I installed the new wheels, I swapped my front main springs from Eibach ERS 500lb to 350lb with the tender spring remaining 150lb (this suspension change had more to do with daily driving than performance). This had a significantly larger effect on feel/performance compared to the wheel/tire swap. When I did eventually swap out the wheels/tires, I did feel an initial difference, but I think it had more to do with the new rear tires (especially since the overall diameter and contact patch changed); as opposed to the wheels. In fact, the new 19/20" set up (although wider in the front and taller in the rear) is lighter than my previous all 19" set up.

Another thing to note is that I have not tracked this car, nor will I with this new set up. So getting a wide range of performance metrics will not be completely accurate from my POV. The best you'll get is daily driving as a family car to aggressive canyon driving. Also to note, we've had record amounts of rain this past month, so any kind of hooning was a no go so far. I will keep you updated, but from the looks of it, I doubt the wheel size difference has any measurable difference unless you take it to 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreoUCLA View Post
New wheels look great!
Thanks! When are you gonna get your new set up?

Here's another pic of the wheel's concavity and finish in the shade.

Appreciate 0