View Single Post
      01-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #42
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Man your setup looks good! Will there be no issues running different tyres in the front/rear? I've always read that it's not recommended to run different tyres.. never understood why but care to weigh in? I avoided 20's and am receiving a set of Vorsteiners in 19's because the tyre options are limited for 20's and they don't make RE71R in a 265 or 275 in 20's. Signature wheels look extremely good and are well priced! I'm receiving my Vorsteiners tomorrow but it's safe to say that if I change wheels, I'll go for Signature wheels next

Again, amazing looking car!
Thanks for the compliments.

As far as the mismatched tires go... the answer is, technically yes. If the peak performance temperatures are off front to back, I can experience major handling issues. However, both are Extreme Summer Performance tires and I don't imagine coming even close to the grip limit while daily driving.

I reused my front RE11 for several reasons.

First, I wanted to make sure the noise level of the RE71R wasn't ridiculously louder than the RE11 before committing to buying a set of 4. It's a new tire, so not too many reviews are out yet.

Second, there was still a bit of life left in the RE11s and they fit on the new wheel. Being winter, I figured I could use them until summer at which point I could order the matching RE71R if reason number 1 was acceptable.

Third, cost. Just to save a little money up front.

Fourth, I was actually hoping to get into a set of R888Rs, but they have very limited sizing at the moment. If they introduce the right sizes this year, I may wait for a set of those instead. But so far, I'm liking the RE71Rs.
Appreciate 0