x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
Another thing to note is that I have not tracked this car, nor will I with this new set up. So getting a wide range of performance metrics will not be completely accurate from my POV. The best you'll get is daily driving as a family car to aggressive canyon driving. Also to note, we've had record amounts of rain this past month, so any kind of hooning was a no go so far. I will keep you updated, but from the looks of it, I doubt the wheel size difference has any measurable difference unless you take it to 10.
Aww man, am I glad I found this 2-year-old thread!! I just created (this morning) a new thread to try to find out about the feasibility of running an aggressive staggered 19" / 20" setup on an F33:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...2#post24266582

So far, I've gotten one reply -- in which the poster suggested that the 2.6% disparity in tire diameter front-to-rear might wreak havoc with my ABS and traction control systems. Now I see that your gorgeous setup has (or had -- perhaps you run a different setup or different vehicle now) a 2.7% diameter disparity between the fronts and the rears! Pray tell; did you experience any such issues???

Thanks in advance, x.shell
Actually, since this thread began, I have taken the car to a bunch of auto cross events. I usually run the 19" Advan GT, but at one event I used the 19/20" set up with the RE71Rs. I had no issues with traction control doing laps with MDM mode or Traction Control OFF. I'm also tuned with Bootmod3 Stage 1.

I think if you're gonna run the car on track, you should learn to go with Traction Control OFF; you won't run into any ratio issues.
Appreciate 0