06-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #59
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Yes.

On the surface, this sounds like bad news for the next M3. But BMW M spends millions of $$ to track and test these models to live up to (and hopefully surpass) enthusiasts' expectations. I'll give them benefit of the doubt, and looking forward to driving one myself.

I like my M3 steering, but I have always felt that BMWs have a bit too much weight in the steering at times. Maybe a finely tuned EPS system can be even better than the best we have today?

I think your right on the point that BMW spends million of bucks testing not only the track but real world driving in probably every possible scenerio. BMW's are known for being tight and heavy and a more "feel the road" experience and the M department knows that all the people want to have that heavy "grip" so to say. That is what driving a BMW is about. I do however think that they are going to come up with the perfect balance because that is what the M3 is about... If its electric, it better be very very good otherwise there will be issues I have enough trust in M that they will def have it sorted out, one way or another.
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0