View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #21
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
outstanding review and sincerely appreciate the effort that you put forth here!

I do have a few questions for you to see if you confirm as well. Rather trivial but it is a question.

1- The Door Sill Logo is not illuminated
2- The Seat Illuminated Logo is backlit. It is not glow in the dark as others thought.
3- Do you have any pics with the HP and Torque Display shown? You mentioned this in the post and interested to see a pic of that. That will be a very cool feature to have some fun with on the road.
4- The Nav screen did look to me as a 10.2 width with a little smaller actual screen area. My iphone fit across twice + about a quarter more. since my 4s is known to be just under 4.5 inches tall I would say this is accurate. I believe you mentioned elsewhere that you were certain it was an 8in screen but I disagree here.
5. Lastly I think you got the back of my head and my son at the steering wheel in a couple of your pics!
Sure, no problem:

1 - Yes, door sill logos were not illuminated.
2 - Yes, correct.
3 - I'm afraid I don't, but you can look at any standard 335 iDrive and see it. It's in every car.
4 - The screen measures exactly 10.2" diagonally, that being said, there is about 1.5" total of bezel around it making its effective size around 8.8".
5 - Ha! Great

I have updated the FAQ as well with your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M sa View Post
Pretty good write up, I disagree with the notion of jaw dropping when you went from 335 to M3. M3 even though it handled great felt heavy and slow. The sound was pretty good at the DC car show so I will disagree with you there as well. What confuses me is that you make a point that the M3 you drove 4 years ago was jaw dropping, yet you were not over all impressed with the new model and have mixed feelings yet you state" this is better than the current M3" how can the new model be better than the old model yet the old model was jaw dropping but your not sold on it
That's not what I meant, I fixed my post now. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Really appreciate the write-up and great pics!! Thanks for taking the time. I couldnt agree more with your assessments of needing a higher end car thats lighter. I am driving a M6 so I'd love a similar car that was just lighter and even more sporty...My choice is drive my 4100-4200LB M6 coupe or opt for a better handling car that just doesnt seem to knock my socks off, I mean no offense but its a 3/4 series I see 200 everyday...I do not mean that in a condescending or bad way at all, just my opinion. Keep the regular 5er and 6er for the mases and make the M5/M6 way sportier and lighter...I am def down with that, like I said if I want that I have to go with a M4, wonderful car, just seems like I am left wanting more like I am sure many do a more upscale version that has same attributes. Make a Porsche alternative at a price not a MB alternative like the 5/6...
I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thai357sig View Post
I think what he is saying is that the step up in performance and luxury from his E9X M3 and the 335 was incrementally larger vs the F8X and the current 435.

See, not at all difficult to see what he was saying. But if you want argue with him for his lack of "jaw dropping" for the F8X, then come out with it and tell him so.

OP, the black paint and the lines of the car didn't show well at all. It just looks too busy. I have a Jerez black E90 and when wash it and park it in a parking lot under some light while out to dinner with my wife, it looks like a raped monkey! People often make comments to me on good it looks and how they've never seen a car so shiny. The E90 was more rounded and shows well with all the reflected lights, but your pics of the F80 had so many reflections of the lights because of the many angles, that it seems like it was dented all over in a way. It's just looks too busy.
Yes, completely agree with you. This is nowhere near like Jerez Black. It looked too "busy" to my eye and I did not like that color at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballs16 View Post
A sincere thanks for the time and effort that went into making this thread.
Your welcome, it did take me 2-3 hours to prepare all the pictures and do the write up and that has spanned across the entire Sunday as I have a kid and a wife at home who wouldn't leave me alone! I'm glad it was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
RealStig, did you pull the trunk floor covering to see the nice sized cubby hole at the bottom? It's like BMW gifted the PERFECT spot for a nice class D amp.

What do you think? Should I order the HK sound system or leave the standard? I have speakers and an amp lined up to replace the stock stuff, but wasn't sure I should still order HK or not.
You should definitely order the HK sound system because the standard sound system I heard in 335i M package was nothing like this. In fact, there is even more reason to order HK because of the whole active sound thing in my opinion and it doesn't cost that much money at all. I did pull the trunk cover where they keep the wheel glue thing (if thats the area you are talking about) and I believe you could fit a nice amp there. That being said, I wouldn't bother with it if you are going to lease it. The electronics in these are car extremely complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indus View Post
Thanks for posting.

Quick question. You mentioned that you didn't like the CF trim. In your opinion which trim would go best with

1) Black leather

2) SO

Thanks
I would go with the aluminum trim, I'm not too fan of the brown one and I don't think that would go well with either of those colors (maybe Black leather fine, but definitely not SO). With SO the aluminum will contrast it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Here's the 8.8" screen that is included with the Navigation package in the F3x 3/4 Series:

I think we can agree that this is the exact same screen as seen in RealStig's picture as well as the interior pictures you and other's have taken. Right?

That is correct, it is the same screen I saw in a 335 recently.
Appreciate 0