08-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #141
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
I dunno man... my older brother uses his GT4 as an occasional commuter and I have borrowed it a few times and it is a pain to daily.. it scrapes easily and the LWB are hard to get in and out off. Have to move the seat back to get out. And it can get over powered in a straight line on a street. I am actually thinking hard about taking back my 981.2 GT4 deposit due to these factors.
Next GT4 will be a 718 variant......981 ship has sailed. As for the daily usability of the GT4, it's not bad at all. I used mine as a daily for the first 8 months of ownership and loved it. Getting in and out can be a issue until you learn the proper technique. I don't find myself getting overpowered but then again I'm not trying to see what it will trap from light to light either. And yes it's low but that's not the real issue (my E92 was just as low on swift springs) it's the overhang of the front end that will catch you by surprise. For me, the GT4 checks all the boxes and as I've said on many threads, my love for BMW had faded after 17 years and multiple cars. Will I ever return (never say never) but right now I'm totally enjoying the P-car ownership. I look forward to uncovering my car and getting some weekend road time. It's been about 3 weeks and I can't wait for this weekend to arrive. Since it's no longer my daily, every time I turn the key with my left hand it's like the first time all over again. "There's No Substitute"........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00