05-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #23
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4me View Post
Have to say I'm completely confused by BMW Canada approach. In the US and UK folks are getting their status 112 (confirmed production) slots. Some in the US/UK ordered much later than I did (mine went in 3rd week in Feb) and yet they already have confirmed dates. Here in Canada it seems not much is happening other than the lucky ED folks getting theirs on June 21st. I was first told that confirmation would occur early March, then April and now here it is mid May and still no firm dates. I've seen the rumour that CDN production confirmations will come out early June; the US forums talk about the NA launch on June 21st; there are cars rumoured to be on CDN dealer premises and a sighting of an M4 in Halifax carport -- almost certainly those are dealer launch cars... I'd sure like to know what BMW Canada's strategy is.

Does anyone have some facts on this?
Well I am on the ED for the end of June, and all I have is my production number and that is it so far, the only way I know my M4 will be ready is that when I fly to Munich, they better have something to drive.

I call BMW Canada Bi-weekly and sometimes they tell me production should start next week and other times they do not have a clue.

I do agree that the US/UK counterparts are better organized then the Canadian division, and it is frustrating to hear that they have production dates way before us and we ordered ours at the beginning of the year.

I even did not get the ED package for the trip yet meanwhile the US customers have everything they need to do the ED and they organized there trip on their own and ours is done by BMW Canada, go figure.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0