View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thanks OP, great post as usual

Others with more knowledge on numbers will chime in and this data will be debated a lot for sure. All I can say that, given that your conditions were a bit less than ideal, these look expected level of performance and in confirmity with BMW advertised numbers. However, I now doubt that real world numbers of the new M3 will be 'greatly' better/faster/lower than manufacturer data. My bet the engine dynos will also show a relatively less 'underrated' engine power and tq vs advertised data, not following the previous turbo engines of BMW.

I think this is 'really' around 4.0 sec to 100 km/h car at its best and engine produces very similar to what they told us already. So, a bit different than 1M or F10 M5/M6 which were clearly underrated, probably to guarantee advertisement of a large delta of performance as much as possible vs E9X M3s in order to overcome the controversial fact of passing from a NA V8 to a TT in-line six.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 05-11-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0