09-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #88
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Yeah, that would be because the X1 has hydraulic steering.

Dead wrong. Read the press release and review. BMW M decided that the standard EPS module wasn't up to snuff and started completely fresh.

Not to mention the fact that despite the clear upgrades from the early EPS modules, like my 2011 535, even the current modules aren't completely up to snuff. It's still numb, although not nearly as numb, light and remote as, say, an Audi A6.

Even the standard 911's EPS leaves something to be desired. The GT3 shades it severely.

EPS can be made good, but it's not necessarily as rosy a picture that you paint.

The xdrive s28 has electric steering. And having driven it, rather than written about it on a webpage....... sorry... not painting a rosy picture. I drove the damn thing across town to two different car guy friends to have them try it... because obviously, had i just told them it was actually quiet satisfying to drive.. they would have tried to shoot me down like you!

The fact that BMW M scrapped one system and redesigned another, is EXACTLY my point, that the technology is evolving.
Appreciate 0