08-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #76
MadBeamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetmasters
I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me for ED confirmation for either 9/19 or 9/20 and said there will be a packet mailed to me. I feel like this should have been sent long ago. In everyone's experience should I already be scheduled by now? I requested this over 75 days ago and thought it would be enough time.

Trip is already planned and booked for Munich but if I don't get my car at this time I might just ask for a refund on my deposit . Looking for the once in a lifetime experience here.
Once you submit the dates you want to do delivery on and your drop off dates, the CA should send that to BMW and get you a confirmed date. Then they will send a set of forms, once you sign those and send it back, it goes to BMW NA ED department in NJ. Then you get an email with a confirmation. That email is what makes everything final (not the build, but the delivery)

You still have time but you definitely need to get that done

Do you have a production number yet?

For me once I got my own production number for ED, I received my packet of information with special hotels, luggage tags, etc.

But the important piece of paper is the documents you sign and send back , and the confirmation email. I hear some dealerships do this about a month in advance, I had mine don't over 75 days before delivery. This is because I needed that confirmed email before I booked air tickets. Until that email, BMW has committed to deliver your car that day
Appreciate 0