Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
I thought this thread was dead. In any case, read some interesting comments from all over from a year ago. Now that the GTS in US with very low miles is equal or cheaper than a CS, will folks stop hating on the car as you can get one new like I just did for less than half the price of a GT3 RS which you cannot virtually not get an allocation for? I have bought GTS after a E92 M3 which I drove on the track occasionally and I can tell you that I have never driven a car like GTS. It is phenomenal.
I agree you have to drive it to believe it. Coming from an f80 M3, the GTS has a totally different feel. Steering, sound, power delivery are transformed. Now that you can get a used GTS for less than the upcoming M4CS, it becomes a no brainer. A 911 GT3RS is better but definitely not worth twice as much (but only true in the US).
Funny thing is that an M4 GTS still costs the same (used) as a 911gt3rs in Germany (2017 model). The reason is germany only got 80 GTS, UK 30 of them and France 15. Supply and demand... GT3RS is the better car though...
Yep, I would take a 991.1 RS over my GTS, but wouldn't (and didn't) take a regular 991.1 GT3. GTS just feels more special.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0