View Single Post
      05-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #1
seanwillnotreturn
Rep
Drives: m3

BMW renames M3 M4 only for the innocent

Makers consider nothing but profit, so does BMW.

M3 a icon? of course it is, what a emotional slogan dealers like to use to sell.

See what's truth behind? When you think M3 is all about performance, BMW tells you M3 sedan is a comfortable daily ride and it's "a very important part of M3 concept". The ironic thing is, comfortable sedan holds a marginal performance advantage against "pure uncompromised racing car M3 coupe".

And now what? BMW holds release of next gen of F80 Mx because M3 coupe still sells good, but wow stops production of sedan cuz nobody orders one. Nothing to judge and i am no one to judge.

But figure out why it is what it is? The innocent think coupe is born to be uprated varient and with a new series name it looks like a better class.

Imagine what kind of shit you'd think of a A5 if it's named A4 coupe? BMW must have been annoyed sharing coupe market with German counterpart and figured why A5/S5 sells better than it should (sry for being judgmental). The answer is: the innocent think 5 is better than 4. But when you are asked to spend a lot more to get 330i coupe than sedan, few will give a fuck at all (sry 330i coupe owner). And what should it have been if it's called 430i coupe? Isnt it just a name that sort of turns you on?

See this is how BMW like to follow? You really think BMW will change its mind of the whole renaming thing just because of how unsatisfied the boys in this forum (or anywhere all around world) will be? Oh come on. Just ask how many of you would cancel your order cuz it's named M4 if you are actually a serious buyer. And think how many innocent would be "surprised" by a "totally new" 2-door sportslike coupe model. They may know little about M but they're of a way bigger group than us enthusiast and they are more powerful potential buyers.

Last edited by seanwillnotreturn; 05-17-2012 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0