View Single Post
      01-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #42
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You bring up good points, but I have to disagree. Historically by the data and some unfair advantages (coupe on sale longer than sedan) show the M4 will continue to far outsell the M3.
See my reply above to Falafel.

Having said that, I do recall once suggesting that there could be a period of time over which the F80 M3 would outsell the F82 M4.

I don't think it will happen necessarily, but to me the disparity in the numbers when you compare 3 Series and 4 Series sales (where the sedan absolutely obliterates the coupe) to M3 and M4 sales represents lost opportunity on BMW's part. If more 335i buyers were aware of the M3, and more specifically, were aware that it gives up nearly nothing to the 335i (I am talking about the sDrive model here) in terms of practicality and functionality, I suspect they could convert an appreciable number (let's say 15% as a SWAG) of those 335i sales to M3 sales. I don't know how much that would be in absolute terms, but it would be in the thousands of vehicles I'd have to guess. Granted what you really want are conquest sales but failing to upsell obviously represents lost revenue as well.
Appreciate 0