07-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #108
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
100% agreed ... thatīs the point in the engine issue ... I donīt beleave that the new M3/M4 in any kind would be an bad performer - performance would be better than any precessor !

BUT for me an M3 (until today) was an very special car and that not only meens performance wise ... I am ready to pay an much increased price for an car like an M3 because I get something special an unique ... less than 20% common part are an credo for the M-GmbH (until now) ... an the unique, special and fascinating engine is an important part (if not the most important!) of the Myth M ... I am not really willing to accept an simple "pimped" AG-engine in an M3/M3, what an S55 based on the N55 in any kind would be ... there could the N54/335i(tuning)-Fanboys could say what the wonīt - they just donīt understand the Myth M ... itīs much more than hp, performance and sound !!!

Greets Uli_HH
Yes agreed right back at you!

It is funny how much BMW M USED TO promote 80% different parts on the M cars and REDLINE, REDLINE, REDLINE. Now it's highest price and parts bin cars... Oh well I still may buy one .
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0