9SECDD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Blk on Blk, DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
So I just ran out to fill up while I still had a little more than 1/2 tank of 93. I found only one gas station that had any gas left....but then ran out just before I got up to the front of the line.

I was heading back home, when I saw a fueling truck at another gas station. Not too many cars were there yet, and I was able to fill up with 93.

Of course, my actions (filling up when I didn't really need to) are exactly what is causing this problem. Everyone acts in their own self interest, which then causes problems for everyone.

Which brings me to vent my frustration on anti "price gouging" laws. Isn't "price gouging" just pricing based on supply and demand? What happens when you artificially price goods below the market rate? Shortages!!!

Being able to price gas according to supply and demand, would stop this panic buying. You would have a short period of time where gas was really expensive, but available. Then market forces would bring the price back down.

For now, I will act in my own self interest which is not helping the situation.
Of course this is true. I always cringe when I hear the "price-gouging" arguments. Those ignorant folks should take an economics class.
Always great to stumble upon reason. Bravo.
2015 F82 DCT M4. Max PSI Built Motor, Ported head, Full Bolt Ons, Upgraded fuel system, Motiv Reflex and flex hardware for flex fuel, Max PSI Crank Hub Fix, Pure PS2+ Turbos, SSP Spec X clutch, xHP Trans Flash, DSS Axles. Custom Ecutek tune by Ian @bend calibration. 780whp & 700+ ft lbs torque, 18" HRE R101s.
Appreciate 0