10-05-2017, 08:56 AM   #57
hi_officer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: something fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Not that different:
22units for sale/800 total units = 2.75% of total GTS production still for sale, new, on the market.
If I apply the same ratio to Acura NSX, I come up with a total production of over 6,800 NSXs based on 188 available for sale. . I do not think they made that many NSX.
GTS wins!
The more posts I read from you, the more I think you bought the GTS for the wrong reasons. Your numbers don't even make sense. Do a 2 minute search on cars.com and 29 new GTS' pop up (I am sure there are more that aren't on that website). That is a USA # so comparing that to the 800 sold worldwide is irrelevant. Let's say 30 (new USA) / 350 (total USA) = 8.5%. OR, 63 (new & used USA) / 350 (total USA) = 18%.

Again, not bashing any car, I would like to have a GTS even if it is just for it's novelty value. Just getting the facts straight.

Back to the OPs question: a used GTS with less than 100 miles on it is worth as much as someone is willing to pay on a given day, in a given market. If the car is priced above that, it won't sell. If you have $110k right now today and the new and used competition does not interest you as much, you should go a buy a GTS and drive the hell out of it. But remember to keep some distilled water with you wherever you go
Appreciate 1