06-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #115
Jadski
Like it a Lot
Rep
Drives: Hot Rod Red M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Tire question

Thank you for all the info on your tire size thread. I recently finished a track weekend at Barber Motorsports and running a completely stock set up. My front tires and pads are toast. I'm still a novice driver but run blue group with an instructor with Chin Motorsports and ran mixed solo and instructed group 2 with PCA. My instructors have had me driving in partial MDM.

My m4 is my daily driver. I have the 19 inch rims. I'm going back with stock pads for now because I'm not convinced about the carbotech's or pagid rs29's, especially since I only do 3-4 events/year. My question is the tires. I definitely encountered a lot of push during hard cornering and felt like it scrubbed off a lot of my speed. It was also a very hot day and MDM made it hard to accelerate out of corners. My instructor and I definitely felt like tires were an issue. In your thread, you recommended going with the 275/35-295/35 combo; but then later I saw in another thread that CanAutM3 is now running a square setup with 275's.

My instructor recommended running a square setup if I can, so I can rotate tires.

Any updates or opinions?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0