View Single Post
      01-08-2024, 12:22 PM   #48
m3freak86
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

September 21, 2013

What's being installed: OEM M Performance Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler

After some time with the aftermarket cs style rear spoiler, something about it looked off to me. It was a very nice quality piece, but the more aggressive design and angles just looked funky to me on the rear end of the F80. Decided to sell that one off and go with what I knew was going to look good.

Picked up an OEM M Performance carbon spoiler from IND and knew right away this was the route to go. Opening the box, the quality, fit, and finish was transparent. Did a quick test fit on the trunk and it laid completely flat with no strange gaps or questionable areas. NOTHING fits like OEM.

Threw on some adhesion promotor and some double sided tape and I got to installing. It was very easy to line up and get in the right spot due to the small lips on the underside of the spoiler. It almost just falls into place. Made sure it was attached well by pressing down in a few areas and hit it with my heat gun quickly.

Stepping back, it was instant love. It just fits the body lines of the F80 so well. It's nothing over the top or too in your face. In fact, it's a pretty subdued style comparing to all the other options out there. Very happy I decided to make the switch as I just couldn't get passed the rear end with the CS one on.

If anyone is looking for the best spoiler option, OEM is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ134NGWi3s
Attached Images