tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Thats news to me. As far as Im concerned I grew hearing that BMW created the "ultimate driving machine". Cars for enthusiast and people who enjoyed driving.

Most people dont fit that profile, and if you want to sell to most people then you give up on the things the enthusiasts love. BMW is becoming like Ford or GM.
Agreed, except for the Ford / GM part. Those auto giants are taking pages from the German play book, while the Germans aspire to be the next Toyota. There's an inverse relationship between focused product and mass market adoption.

Companies are simply an extension of the Board's and executive management interests and priorities. In the case of BMW, the managers and strategy that made the company relevant and interesting were cast aside in exchange for pursuing very fast growth.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

And bottom line - I don't care how many times BMW tells us that M cars are better cars with autos. These aren't the people I consider driving enthusiasts nor would I waste time talking cars and sharing a beverage with them.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 1
amw896582.50